FORUM AS MOULINS

Identifiez-vous avec le pseudo d'administration pour configurer et personaliser votre forum.

Vous n'êtes pas identifié.

#1 17-05-2018 04:04:26

dmt1997325
Séniors National

need to feel wanted

I was recently asked the ultimate hockey question: who my favorite hockey player of all time was. I was stumped. How could I choose from such a vast group of qualified players? Were there any criteria? Which years? Which team? Forwards? Defensemen? Goalies? The list goes on. Seriously Saquon Barkley Jersey , how could anyone name one player?

I was born and raised in Montreal, the best hockey team and town, ever. Thus, I have been a hockey fan since birth. My family introduced me to the love of the game so early on that I can?t even remember the first game I saw. I did know that I was a Canadians fan from the get go.

I fondly remember watching the Hab s practice at Loyola arena and standing right up beside the boards (Without the Glass) and watching Gump Worsley play without a mask. I think that s what developed my love for goalies.

When I moved to Vancouver back in the early 90s, I still kept my loyalty to the Canadians. Why wouldn?t I, the Vancouver Canucks sucked.

Living here, I quickly learned that it was very disappointing to be a Canucks fan. There was no consistency. Everyone put their faith into Pavel Bure at the time. I insisted to all who would listen that no team can win the Cup with only one good player (I wasn?t about to admit to them that I thought Bure sucked). Beyond that, my disappointment mostly had to do with Vancouver?s goaltending. Vancouver had Auld, then Roloston, Cloutier and a few others I can?t say left any impression. I had left the land of plenty when it came to goaltenders. The 80s were a great era for the Hab?s. They won several Stanly cups, and in my opinion, were a great team anchored by a great goalie named Patrick Roy. Having grown up die hard Canadians fan, I took for granted that other teams had the same outlook. Unfortunately here in Vancouver, there was no one who could be counted on in nets. Some goalies were good for a couple of games, then fell into a slump, time and time again. How can anyone be loyal to a team that just never had a chance at winning the Cup. There was so much hope in this town, but with little reason.

That is until Roberto Luongo came to town. Everything changed here in Vancouver, in the fall of 2006. The Canucks acquired Roberto Luongo, a Montreal native (surprise, surprise), who was being compared to a young Patrick Roy and Martin Brodeur. I had heard of him previously because he helped Canada win back to back gold medals for the World Championships.

Luongo was and still is, a classic butterfly goalie with great size, speed, and reflexes. In his first year in Vancouver, he was named as a finalist for the Vezina trophy, Hart Memorial trophy, and the Lester B. Pearson award. Then in September 2008, Canuck general manager Mike Gillis named Luongo team Captain. It was the first time a goalie had been named captain since the Canadians named Bill Durnan back in 1947.

Having said all this, today, at this very moment, I?m picking Luongo for the greatest hockey player. The ?ever? part is questionable, true. I am still a hockey fan now living in Vancouver, so I am hopeful for their cup standing this year. Many will be upset, even argumentative, about my choice. Let them be, tomorrow?s another day and my attention might be elsewhere, maybe Rocket Richard, Gretzky, Lafleur or even Roy.
Nagging: "To be a persistent source of annoyance or distraction. To irritate by constant scolding or urging." That is the definition from Merriam-Webster.

This is what an individual feels when they think they are being "nagged". Who wants to deal with the constant annoyance and scolding? Not any grown adult I know.

So what is the root of nagging? Depending on where you look, you may find different answers, but from what I've learned, nagging is a result of a lack of communication between two partners.

It is a way for one person to actually illicit a response from the other, albeit a negative response. When one partner feels like communication is failing, and they need some sort of interaction from their other half, they resort to any means necessary to get some interaction.

Nagging is one way to achieve this. They ride you and pester you until finally you retaliate with anger and frustration. It worked for them; they got you to say something. They now know you are listening to them, and that's really all they wanted. They wanted some attention, to know you hear them. What they hope for is a positive exchange between the two of you, but negative communication is better than no communication.

Everyone has a need to feel wanted, needed, and important to someone else. That is a big reason why we choose to be with our spouse in the first place. We love that they care for us, want to be with us, understand us, and want to grow with us.

When those feelings subside, we begin to feel very insecure. We miss the interaction, compassion, conversation and love that we grew so accustomed to. We crave that energy, and we want it back.

Instead of expressing that we need attention, we fall into the nagging phase. Afraid to rock the boat more permanently, we feel nagging is more short term.

So we nag until we get the some response (attention) from our spouse. And this leads to a fight or argument, and snowballs the feelings of insecurity on both parties.

Can nagging, then, lead to an affair? The answer is absolutely yes! And the affair could come from either spouse.

This is because when nagging occurs, it is a sign that the basic needs of husband and wife are not being met. You are not giving your spouse the attention, they need, the feeling of security, and so on and so forth.

Likewise, they feel that you are not providing them with those same needs, and thus they nag you until you come through for them.

When basic needs ar. NFL Jerseys Wholesale   Hockey Jerseys China   Cheap Mets Jerseys   Cheap Seattle Mariners Jerseys   Wholesale Brewers Jerseys   Wholesale Blue Jays Jerseys   Wholesale Athletics Jerseys   Sports Jerseys Free Shipping   Hockey Jerseys Online   MLB Baseball Jerseys Online

Pied de page des forums

Créez Votre Propre Forum
Insérer vos Graphiques
Dictionnaires de Traduction
Hébergé par ForumCrea.com